Byron Bay Turfing, Pottsville turfing, Lismore Turfing, Ballina Turfing, Lennox Head Turfing, Kingscliff Turfing, Banora Point Turfing, OceanShores Turfing, Bangalow Turfing,
Brunswick Heads Turfing, Casino Turfing, Turfing Tweed Heads, Turfing Murwillumbah, Turfing Mullumbimby
Which side do you want your new lawn to be?…….
- Summary Table
- Queensland Blue Couch
- Soft Leaf Buffalo
- ‘Palmetto’ Buffalo
- Sweet Smother Grass
- ‘Empire’ Zoysia Grass
- Carpet Grass
|Environmental Conditions||Recommended Turf Variety|
|Sunny with high amounts of traffic||Wintergreen|
|Shady with high amounts of traffic||Soft Leaf BuffaloCarpet Grass or Coastal Mix|
|Partly shady with medium amounts of traffic||Palmetto BuffaloCarpet Grass|
|Full sun with little amounts of traffic||Queensland Blue Couch Empire Zoysia|
|Shady – 3-4 hours sunlight||Palmetto Buffalo|
|Very Shady – 2-3 hours sunlight||Sweet Smother Grass|
- Native to Queensland, Far Northern New SouthWales and Western Australia.
- It is a very soft, deep blue-green, fine textured grass.
- Excellent sun tolerance.
- Tolerates coastal conditions extremely well.
- Minimal maintenance.
Summary – Queensland Blue Couch is the ideal turf for the sunny areas around your house such as the front yard and entertaining areas, as a beautiful dark green lawn is achieved year round with a minimal amount of lawn maintenance.
- Thrives in full sun conditions (requiring approximately 7hrs of sunlight a day).
- Excellent traffic tolerance (kids playing, dogs running & cars parking).
- Ranges from a light green to a dark green colour.
- Good tolerance of cold and frosty conditions, making it ideal for the hinterland areas of the Tweed and Gold Coasts.
- Readily adapts to different environments (hot and dry conditions, to cold and moist conditions).
Summary – Wintergreen is the ideal turf for areas that receive a great amount of wear and tear from traffic, such as; backyards, caravan parks, sports ovals, council footpaths, car parking lots and walkways.
- It is a soft, dark green grass with a very broad leaf.
- Excellent shade tolerance, requiring approximately 3hrs of filtered sunlight a day (similar to the amount of shade found under a large tree or the amount of shade in between a building and fence 1m apart).
- Excellent tolerance of cold and frosty conditions, making it ideal for the hinterland areas of the Tweed and Gold Coasts.
- Unique textured created.
- Low maintenance, once established.
Summary – Soft Leaf Buffalo Grass is the ideal turf for shady areas around buildings and under trees, and for those who desire a coarse textured grass.
- An improved variety of buffalo grass that originated from Florida U.S.A.
- Excellent Shade tolerance (requiring only 2- 3hrs of filtered sunlight per day).
- Excellent weed resistance year round (as a thick mat like turf is created).
- Excellent green winter colour, even in frosty conditions
- Less mowing required than Soft Leaf Buffalo, due to Palmetto coming from a tropical environment (Florida) to another here on the Gold / Tweed Coast.
Summary - Palmetto Buffalo is the ideal turf for those who desire a low maintenance high quality coarse textured lawn year round and for areas such as display homes, feature gardens and grassed areas around apartment complexes.
- A course textured grass that is lime green in colour with very soft leaves.
- Excellent shade tolerance (requiring approx 2hrs of filtered sunlight per day).
- Poor traffic tolerance.
- Unique course texture created due to ‘curly’ leaves.
- Requires free draining Soil, excellent for sandy soils
Summary – Sweet Smother grass is the ideal turf for those who desire a unique coarse textured lawn and for areas such as feature gardens and grassed areas around apartment complexes that suffer from a great amount of shade but DO NOT receive very much traffic.
- Originates from Asia, Japan and Korea.(known in Japan as ‘Japanese Grass’)
- Excellent dark emerald green colour year round (even in cool and frosty conditions during winter)
- Unique texture created (in between a Buffalo and a couch).
- Slow growth rate (less mowing required)and Good traffic tolerance.
- Good shade tolerance (requiring approx 4- 5 hrs of sunlight per day).
Summary - Zoysia is an ideal option for those that do not desire the course textured Buffalo grasses but still require a grass that is capable of growing in shady conditions and can tolerate a moderate amount of wear.
- An Australian Native
- excellent traffic tolerance, Extremely good for children and animals
- Great for shady areas (requires approx. 5 hours of sunlight a day)
- Slow Growth rate
- Dark green colour
Summary – Carpet Grass is the perfect family grass. It is light and soft underfoot, but wont be worn away by little feet or paws. Carpet Grass requires less mowing as like a carpet will grow out and as a native has adapted to thrive in our wet and dry climate. Carpet Grass within a symbiotic relationship with Queensland blue couch creates the Perfect Family Back Yard Lawn Grass – Coastal Turf’s Coastal Mix.
Turfing Byron Bay, Turfing Pottsville, Turfing Kingscliff, Turfing Ocean Shores, Turfing Bangalow, Turfing Murwillumbah, Turfing Mullumbimby, Turfing Tweed Heads,Turfing Lismore, Turfing Suffolk Park,
Turfing Banora Point, Turfing Terranora, Turfing Lennox Head